There is so much left to build
We grow everyday as individuals and as a company. We are looking for talented, smart and extraordinary people to join our team, to build and support a networking and communications infrastructure that is best suited for the local market.
Think you got what it takes? Tell us why and submit your resume.
Customer Technical Support – Team Lead / Manager
About the Role
We are currently seeking an experienced Customer Technical Support Team Lead who wants to grow with the company and join a service first, customer first technical team. Every Internet service is fast and reliable, and the engineering and field service team are fully committed to doing whatever is needed to make the customer happy, so you are never left holding the bag.
You will contribute to the team by performing the following:
- Service Provisioning
- Coordinate the implementation of new data services;
- Provision voice and video services;
- Coordinate and manage customer expectations;
- Identify needed improvements in processes/procedures and recommended solutions.
- Lead projects to improve the support experience;
- Review existing / develop and maintain support policies and standards;
- Develop key performance indicators in conjunction with senior management and report on adherence to those standards;
- Supervise, hire and train support staff (currently 1, but growing).
- Customer Care
- Ensure client satisfaction by fulfilling email and telephone support requests during and after the installation, implementation, and configuration of Urban products and services;
- Monitor customer’s networks and escalate issues as required;
- Troubleshoot customer connectivity problems;
- Verify configuration of access (aka edge) and distribution switches;
- Perform other duties and special projects as required.
What do you bring to the team?
- Minimum of 4 years of Technical Customer Support Experience or equivalent;
- Previous Team Lead or Management experience preferred;
- Strong commitment to deadlines and work ethic – taking accountability and ownership to overcome roadblocks to ensure delivery dates are met;
- Ability to thrive in a challenging and rapidly changing environment without close supervision;
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with staff, clients and other internal departments;
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong ability to prioritize;
- Desire to develop a career in telecommunications and/or networking;
- Network fundamentals including Ethernet, ARP, DHCP and DNS;
- Experience with managed network enterprise services, like UniFi and/or Meraki;
- CCNP Service Provider (or Routing & Switching) certification, or equivalent experience, specifically with IP routing, including BGP, OSPF, transit and peering are desirable;
- Experience working in a 24×7 NOC service provider environment would be an asset as well as with MPLS, including VPLS, RSVP and LDP.
Please note that the selected candidate is required to successfully complete a background check.
Resume - Submission
Send us your resume’ for any future opportunities that may come up at Urbanfibre. We would love to know more about you.